This article from AnandTech gives an exciting, thorough first look at the BTX form factor. Read the article, it’s great, but I can also sum up some of the points it makes.
Here’s the quick and dirty BTX info:
- there will be three BTX sizes, BTX, microBTX and picoBTX
- thermal design considerations drove a lot of layout changes
- PCI express x16 will be the likely graphics card slot of choice
- ATX power supplies will be electrically, but not physically compatible with BTX PSUs.
- This form factor should be introduced in 2004